Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fly me to the moon...

Moon Cake
You'll see why I named this moon cake when you make it. 
(Otherwise known as Whitney's birthday cake! :) )


Cake
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 box vanilla pudding (large)
1 1/4 cup water 
1/3 cup oil
4 eggs
1/3 sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes 
(depends on pan shape).

Frosting
1/3 cup butter
3 cups powered sugar
4-5 tablespoon milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 drop red food coloring (just for Whit - to make her cake pink)

Cream together sugar and butter. Add in milk one tablespoon at a time, then vanilla. Sugar and milk to taste... depending upon if you like more buttery frosting or sweet (I added an extra splash of sugar) and if you like thick or fluffy frosting (I like fluffy so I did 5 tablespoons of milk).

*This is probably my favorite homemade vanilla cake ever. The cake part has such an amazing flavor and consistency!

3 comments:

Olivia Shill said...

K seriously... I just looked at all your posts and my mouth is WATERING!!! I need something sweet now!

-olivia (whits friend)

etta said...

when will you post the mint brownies???

The Jayroes said...

k!! i will! can't keep a pregnant girl from getting what she wants!