Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Averys

We went to our friends house for dinner and I made this to take for dessert. In honor of them I named it... :)
Avery Chocolate Bundt Cake
Cake
1 box devil's food cake mix (I used the Pillsbury Moist Supreme)
1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
1 & 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup canola oil
3 eggs
1/4 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)

Combine first 7 ingredients. Mix well.
Add in chocolate chips with spoon.
Prepare bundt pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 42 minutes.
Let cake sit in pan for 20 minutes to cool.
Remove and place on cake plate.

Glaze
2 & 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbl. unsweetened cocoa powder
6 tbl. nonfat milk
1 tbl. butter, softened
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted

Combine butter, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder with mixer, in a medium microwave safe bowl.
Add vanilla. Add milk gradually until smooth.
Add melted chocolate chips. Mix well.
Microwave until warm (about 20 seconds).
Spoon over cake so it dribbles down the side and puddles.
*Garnish with fresh berries or dust cake with powdered sugar!

4 comments:

abichristi said...

cute! looks like a success! I should come visit so I get a dessert named after me!

etta said...

its beautiful! i love making pretty deserts that taste good too! YUM!

B and C said...

Wow that looks Divine, can you come to my house and make that for ME?

Naomi said...

Okay, so cute: Gigi just saw this picture as I am visiting your site and said, "Hey! That's the cake that Paige made for us!" We are honored!